The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Court schedules November 20 for judgment in Nnamdi Kanu’s t3rrorism trial
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Court schedules November 20 for judgment in Nnamdi Kanu’s t3rrorism trial

News

Court schedules November 20 for judgment in Nnamdi Kanu’s t3rrorism trial

Proff32 Proff32
Last updated: 7 November 2025 10:10 pm
Proff32 Proff32
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

Nnamdi Kanu 1762516668 The NaijaWide News

 

The Federal High Court in Abuja, presided over by Justice James Omotosho, has fixed November 20 to deliver its judgment on the seven-count terrorism charge filed against the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

The date was set after Kanu failed to utilize the six days allotted by the court to open his defence against the Federal Government’s charge.

Instead of opening his defence on Friday, November 7, Kanu, who has chosen to represent himself after disengaging his lawyers, filed a fresh motion challenging the competence of the charge and the court’s jurisdiction to try him.

In the document he filed, Kanu argued that his prosecution is based on a non-existent law, specifically claiming that the Terrorism Prevention and Prohibition Act, under which the charge was brought, has since been repealed.

Justice Omotosho decided to proceed to judgment after Kanu’s persistent refusal to enter his defence. The judge had previously given the IPOB leader a final opportunity to present his case, warning that failure to do so would result in the defence being foreclosed.

 

By filing the motion challenging the charge’s validity instead of a defence, the court essentially deemed that Kanu had waived his right to defend the case on its merits.

This development brings the long-running, politically sensitive trial to a critical juncture, with the judgment on November 20 set to determine the fate of the separatist leader.

Related: Nigeria Thrash Mozambique 4–0 to Reach AFCON 2025 Quarter-Finals

TAGGED:Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Previous Article Singer Spyro urges Nigerians to fight for the country and discourage interference from other countries Singer Spyro urges Nigerians to fight for the country and discourage interference from other countries
Next Article Cristiano Ronaldo says he has a better chiseled body than David Beckham Cristiano Ronaldo says he has a better chiseled body than David Beckham
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
Entertainment
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
Entertainment
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
Celeb News Entertainment
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Health

You Might also Like

Malami, Son to Remain in Kuje Prison as Court Adjourns Bail Ruling to January 7
News

Malami, Son to Remain in Kuje Prison as Court Adjourns Bail Ruling to January 7

2 months ago
Tinubu Orders Defence Minister Matawalle to Relocate to Kebbi After Abduction of 25 Schoolgirls – Bola Ahmed Tinubu
News

Tinubu Orders Defence Minister Matawalle to Relocate to Kebbi After Abduction of 25 Schoolgirls – Bola Ahmed Tinubu

3 months ago
NASA Chief suggests Elon Musk’s SpaceX may be sidelined from mission to land on Moon
News

NASA Chief suggests Elon Musk’s SpaceX may be sidelined from mission to land on Moon

4 months ago
Wike Says Makinde’s Anger Stems From Missing Ministerial Slot Under Tinubu
News

Wike Says Makinde’s Anger Stems From Missing Ministerial Slot Under Tinubu

2 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?