The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Dangote Issues 7-Day Ultimatum, Threatens ₦100bn Lawsuit Over Alleged Defamatory Claims
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Dangote Issues 7-Day Ultimatum, Threatens ₦100bn Lawsuit Over Alleged Defamatory Claims

News

Dangote Issues 7-Day Ultimatum, Threatens ₦100bn Lawsuit Over Alleged Defamatory Claims

Ogunsola Gbenga
Last updated: 21 December 2025 4:46 pm
Ogunsola Gbenga
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

Dangote The NaijaWide News

President of the Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has issued a seven-day ultimatum to a Kaduna-based businessman, Kailani Mohammed, demanding a retraction of alleged defamatory statements or face a ₦100 billion lawsuit.

Demand Letter Issued

In a formal letter dated December 20, 2025, Dangote, through his legal representatives, demanded an immediate public explanation, retraction, and an unreserved apology over comments said to have been made against him and his business interests.

The letter was served on Mohammed by Dangote’s lawyer, Ogwu James Onoja, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and principal partner at Onoja Law Firm, Abuja.

Allegations at the Centre of the Dispute

According to the letter, the disputed remarks were made by Mohammed during an interview aired on Trust TV on Wednesday, December 17, 2025. The comments were reportedly made in reaction to a petition involving Farouk Ahmed, which had been submitted to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

Dangote alleged that the interview contained claims suggesting he engaged in “unclean” or morally questionable business activities in Port Harcourt in the 1980s, and also questioned the legitimacy of his source of wealth.

Dangote Rejects Claims

In the letter titled “Demand for public explanation, retraction and unreserved public apology on your libelous publication against Alhaji Aliko Dangote, GCON,” Dangote described the allegations as false, malicious, and damaging to his reputation.

He categorically denied ever conducting any business or wealth-generating activity in Port Harcourt at any time, including the 1980s, stating that the assertions were entirely fictitious and unfounded.

The letter further stated that the comments portrayed Dangote as corrupt, monopolistic, and vindictive, claims which his legal team said were calculated to expose him to public ridicule, suspicion, and reputational harm both locally and internationally.

Demands Made Within Seven Days

Dangote’s legal team demanded that Mohammed, within seven days of receiving the letter:

  • Publicly explain, on the same Trust TV platform, the basis of his claims.

  • Retract the statements in their entirety if unable to substantiate them with verifiable facts.

  • Issue a full and unreserved public apology with equal prominence to the original broadcast.

  • Pay ₦100 billion in damages for alleged reputational harm and defamation.

  • Provide a written undertaking to refrain from making further defamatory statements.

Legal Action Threatened

The letter warned that failure to comply with the demands within the stipulated timeframe would result in legal action without further notice. It also noted that Dangote reserves the right to report the matter to law enforcement agencies for possible investigation and prosecution for criminal defamation.

As of the time of filing this report, neither Mohammed nor Trust TV has publicly responded to the demands outlined in the letter.

Related: “Pause It Now” – Peter Obi Warns FG New Tax Laws Could Deepen Nigerians’ Hardship

TAGGED:Aliko Dangote
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
ByOgunsola Gbenga
Follow:
Ogunsola Gbenga, also known by his online alias "WideBaBa," is the Founder and CEO of NaijaWide.com, a Nigerian entertainment and lifestyle website focusing on news, music, fashion, and culture. He studied Mass Communication at The Polytechnic Ibadan and is known for his work in digital media, creating a platform for Nigerian content
Previous Article 25 Affected as Edo Government Assesses Auchi Fuel Tanker Explosion 25 Affected as Edo Government Assesses Auchi Fuel Tanker Explosion
Next Article ICPC Summons Dangote Over Petition Against Former NMDPRA Boss Farouk Ahmed ICPC Summons Dangote Over Petition Against Former NMDPRA Boss Farouk Ahmed
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
Entertainment
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
Entertainment
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
Celeb News Entertainment
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Health

You Might also Like

img 4126 The NaijaWide News
News

Presidency Denies Report Claiming Tinubu Plans Visit to U.S. Vice President J.D. Vance

4 months ago
WAEC Finally Releases 2025 Private Candidates Results — See How Many Passed With 5 Credits Including English & Maths!
EducationNews

WAEC Finally Releases 2025 Private Candidates Results — See How Many Passed With 5 Credits Including English & Maths!

2 days ago
Bandit Attack in Katsina Communities Leaves Two Dead, Six Abducted
News

Bandit Attack in Katsina Communities Leaves Two Dead, Six Abducted

4 weeks ago
University of Port Harcourt Student Sentenced to Death for Girlfriend’s Murder
News

University of Port Harcourt Student Sentenced to Death for Girlfriend’s Murder

3 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?