The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: “Horrific, Unacceptable” — Sowore, Bashir Ahmad React as 162 Residents Massacred in Kwara
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » “Horrific, Unacceptable” — Sowore, Bashir Ahmad React as 162 Residents Massacred in Kwara

News

“Horrific, Unacceptable” — Sowore, Bashir Ahmad React as 162 Residents Massacred in Kwara

Ogunsola Gbenga
Last updated: 5 February 2026 7:34 am
Ogunsola Gbenga
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

IMG 8485 The NaijaWide News

Activist Omoyele Sowore and former presidential aide Bashir Ahmad have strongly condemned the killing of at least 162 residents of Woro community, Kaiama Local Government Area of Kwara State.

The duo described the attack as horrific, unacceptable, and beyond comprehension.

Sowore: Terror group “Memuda” carried out massacre

In a statement shared on X on Wednesday, Sowore alleged that the victims were murdered during a brutal assault by a terrorist group locals reportedly identify as “Memuda.”

He also accused security agencies of failing to act, claiming that the community had raised alarm before the attack.

According to him, community sources said the village head had earlier alerted security authorities after the attackers reportedly told residents they were coming to “preach.”

Sowore claimed no preventive security deployment was made, leaving Woro exposed when the assailants eventually struck.

Bashir Ahmad: “Beyond comprehension”

Reacting separately, Bashir Ahmad described the killings as “beyond any form of comprehension.”

He added that no condemnation could match the scale of the tragedy, calling the attackers inhuman.

Ahmad urged authorities to ensure full justice once the perpetrators are arrested.

Kwara Govt confirms, Tinubu orders military deployment

The Kwara State Government has confirmed the attack, which reportedly happened on Tuesday.

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has also directed the deployment of military personnel to Kaiama LGA in response to the massacre.

Related: Osimhen vs Lookman: John Obi Mikel Recalls On-Field Clash With Victor Moses During 2013 AFCON Triumph

TAGGED:Bashir AhmadOmoyele Sowore
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
ByOgunsola Gbenga
Follow:
Ogunsola Gbenga, also known by his online alias "WideBaBa," is the Founder and CEO of NaijaWide.com, a Nigerian entertainment and lifestyle website focusing on news, music, fashion, and culture. He studied Mass Communication at The Polytechnic Ibadan and is known for his work in digital media, creating a platform for Nigerian content
Previous Article “Mother of All Appeals” — Nnamdi Kanu Challenges Terrorism Conviction, Life Sentence “Mother of All Appeals” — Nnamdi Kanu Challenges Terrorism Conviction, Life Sentence
Next Article Tinubu Orders Army Battalion to Kaiama After Deadly Kwara Attack, Launches “Operation Savanna Shield” Tinubu Orders Army Battalion to Kaiama After Deadly Kwara Attack, Launches “Operation Savanna Shield”
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
Ogun Police Set to Arrest TikTok User Mirabel Over Alleged False Rape Claim
Ogun Police Set to Arrest TikTok User Mirabel Over Alleged False Rape Claim
Lifestyle & Trends
Terror Threat Sparks Panic in Utono, Kebbi State as Militants Demand N100 Million
Terror Threat Sparks Panic in Utono, Kebbi State as Militants Demand N100 Million
News
Lagos Police Launch 24-Hour Coastal Road Patrol to Curb Crime and Protect Commuters
Lagos Police Launch 24-Hour Coastal Road Patrol to Curb Crime and Protect Commuters
News
Borno Police Disburses Over N20 Million to Families of Fallen Officers
Borno Police Disburses Over N20 Million to Families of Fallen Officers
News

You Might also Like

227 Abducted in Niger State: CAN Confirms Massive Kidnapping at St. Mary’s School in Papiri
News

227 Abducted in Niger State: CAN Confirms Massive Kidnapping at St. Mary’s School in Papiri

3 months ago
Gunmen Invade Nasarawa School, Abduct Students in Rukubi Community
News

Gunmen Invade Nasarawa School, Abduct Students in Rukubi Community

3 months ago
img 4056 The NaijaWide News
News

Trump Orders Pentagon to Plan Action, Says U.S. May Cut Aid Over Killings of Christians in Nigeria

4 months ago
Elon Musk launches Grokipedia to rival ‘left-biased’ Wikipedia
News

Elon Musk launches Grokipedia to rival ‘left-biased’ Wikipedia

4 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?