The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: “I’m Allowed To Destroy Any Country in The World” —Trump says after Supreme Court Strikes Down His Key Policy
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » “I’m Allowed To Destroy Any Country in The World” —Trump says after Supreme Court Strikes Down His Key Policy

Foreign News

“I’m Allowed To Destroy Any Country in The World” —Trump says after Supreme Court Strikes Down His Key Policy

Ogunsola Gbenga
Last updated: 21 February 2026 7:50 am
Ogunsola Gbenga
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

IMG 0599 The NaijaWide News

Donald Trump has sharply criticised the US Supreme Court after it blocked his sweeping global tariff policy, accusing the justices of unfairly curtailing presidential authority.

In a 6–3 ruling, the Supreme Court held that Trump exceeded his constitutional powers by imposing broad tariffs on multiple countries, effectively dismantling one of the most aggressive trade measures of his administration.

“I Can Destroy the Trade”

Speaking at a press conference following the decision, Trump insisted he still retains expansive powers over international trade and foreign relations.

“I can destroy the trade. I can destroy the country. I’m allowed to impose a foreign-destroying embargo. I can embargo. I can do anything I want, but I can’t charge one dollar.”

The remarks drew swift backlash from critics, who described them as reckless and inflammatory. Supporters, however, argued that Trump was highlighting what he sees as contradictions in the court’s interpretation of executive authority.

Justices Branded a “Disgrace”

Trump later vented his anger on Truth Social, praising the three justices who dissented and condemning the six-member majority — including two he personally appointed.

“They are a disgrace to our nation,” Trump wrote, accusing the court of being influenced by political enemies and foreign interests. He also described the justices as “obnoxious, ignorant, and loud.”

In a sarcastic aside, he added:

“I wanted to be a good boy. I didn’t want to do anything that would affect the decision of the court.”

Economic Fallout and Political Pushback

The ruling presents a significant financial challenge for the federal government, which must now determine how to refund an estimated $184 billion collected through the invalidated tariffs.

Analysts say the tariffs had already driven up consumer prices, as importers passed increased costs on to American consumers.

Concerns have also surfaced within Trump’s own party. Former Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell warned that large-scale trade wars — particularly with allies — were economically damaging well before the court’s intervention.

Trump Signals Next Move

Despite the setback, Trump announced plans to pursue a more limited 10 per cent global tariff under a different federal statute, signalling that his hardline trade posture remains firmly in place.

The decision has intensified debates over executive power, trade policy, and the balance between the presidency and the judiciary as the economic and political ramifications continue to unfold.

🚨🇺🇸 BREAKING: Trump says he is allowed to destroy any country in the world:

“I can do anything I want to do to them … I’m allowed to destroy the country.”pic.twitter.com/8EWKGMm2hy

— Jackson Hinkle 🇺🇸 (@jacksonhinklle) February 21, 2026

TAGGED:Donald Trump
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
ByOgunsola Gbenga
Follow:
Ogunsola Gbenga, also known by his online alias "WideBaBa," is the Founder and CEO of NaijaWide.com, a Nigerian entertainment and lifestyle website focusing on news, music, fashion, and culture. He studied Mass Communication at The Polytechnic Ibadan and is known for his work in digital media, creating a platform for Nigerian content
Previous Article “She Needs Therapy, Not Jail” — Saida Boj Defends Mirabel Amid False Rape Claim Backlash “She Needs Therapy, Not Jail” — Saida Boj Defends Mirabel Amid False Rape Claim Backlash
Next Article Peller’s Mansion Nearly Burned Down by Generator Fire Peller’s Mansion Nearly Burned Down by Generator Fire
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
Police Break Silence on Papaya Ex Assault Claim, Reveal What Really Happened
Police Break Silence on Papaya Ex Assault Claim, Reveal What Really Happened
Lifestyle & Trends
President Tinubu Urges Peaceful, Orderly Conduct Ahead of FCT, Kano, and Rivers Elections
President Tinubu Urges Peaceful, Orderly Conduct Ahead of FCT, Kano, and Rivers Elections
Politics
FCT INEC Assures Timely Start for Area Council Elections
FCT INEC Assures Timely Start for Area Council Elections
Politics
Lagos APC Screens 27 Aspirants Per LGA Ahead of Local Government Congress
Lagos APC Screens 27 Aspirants Per LGA Ahead of Local Government Congress
Politics

You Might also Like

US Government Hits Funding Crisis: Midnight Budget Failure Triggers Partial Shutdown — What It Means Globally
Foreign News

US Government Hits Funding Crisis: Midnight Budget Failure Triggers Partial Shutdown — What It Means Globally

3 weeks ago
Donald Trump Threatens $1 Billion Lawsuit Against BBC Over Edited Clip
News

Donald Trump Threatens $1 Billion Lawsuit Against BBC Over Edited Clip

3 months ago
img 4013 The NaijaWide News
News

FG Dismisses Trump’s Remarks on Alleged Killings of Christians in Nigeria

4 months ago
Donald Trump Claims Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and Wife Have Been Captured
News

Donald Trump Claims Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and Wife Have Been Captured

2 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?