
A United States lawmaker has reacted angrily to shocking reports of a mass abduction of Christian worshippers during church services in Kaduna State, describing the incident as horrific and deeply alarming.
According to local reports, armed bandits stormed multiple churches on Sunday, abducting more than 100 worshippers in what is being described as one of the most coordinated church attacks in recent months in northern Nigeria.
US Congressman Condemns Church Abductions
Reacting on X (formerly Twitter), Riley Moore strongly condemned the attack, raising concerns about what he described as repeated and targeted assaults on Christian communities in Nigeria.
“Horrific news. Armed radical Muslim Fulani attacked three churches yesterday and kidnapped more than 100 Christian worshippers,” Moore wrote.
He further warned that Christians in parts of Nigeria are facing grave and ongoing danger, adding:
“Our brothers and sisters in Christ are facing an existential threat at the hands of the Fulani militants.”
The US lawmaker urged the Nigerian government to act decisively to secure the immediate release of the abducted worshippers and to strengthen protection for vulnerable religious communities.
What Happened in Kaduna?
The abductions reportedly occurred in the Kurmin Wali area of Kajuru Local Government Area, where gunmen allegedly invaded several churches while services were ongoing.
Eyewitness accounts cited by local media said the attackers arrived heavily armed, firing shots into the air and forcing worshippers to march away at gunpoint.
A family member of one of the victims confirmed that over 100 people were taken, though reports indicate that around ten abductees, described as vulnerable, were later released by the attackers.
Security agencies have reportedly been notified, but no official casualty or rescue update has been released as of the time of filing this report.
Kaduna’s Troubling Pattern of Attacks
Kaduna State has witnessed repeated deadly attacks linked to armed bandit groups over the past few years, especially in rural and semi-rural communities.
Earlier this month, bandits reportedly killed four members of a family during a night raid in Kachia, Southern Kaduna. Residents said the attackers arrived in large numbers, opened fire indiscriminately, and left several others injured.
Despite the proximity of some affected communities to military and police formations, locals continue to complain of persistent insecurity and delayed response.

Growing International Attention
The latest abduction has intensified international attention on Nigeria’s security crisis, particularly allegations of religious targeting in parts of the North.
Human rights advocates and faith-based groups are now calling for:
- Immediate rescue operations
- Stronger intelligence-led security deployments
- Accountability for repeated mass kidnappings
As families wait anxiously for news of their loved ones, pressure continues to mount on authorities to act swiftly and decisively.
This story is still developing.
Related: “2027 Loading?” Cubana Chief Priest Appointed Imo Director of Tinubu’s City Boy Movement

