The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Smoke Over Benue Again — Bandits Burn 11 Homes in Fresh Attack on Anwase Village
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Smoke Over Benue Again — Bandits Burn 11 Homes in Fresh Attack on Anwase Village

News

Smoke Over Benue Again — Bandits Burn 11 Homes in Fresh Attack on Anwase Village

Oluwakemi Mayegun
Last updated: 7 February 2026 11:37 pm
Oluwakemi Mayegun
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

IMG 9467 The NaijaWide NewsFresh violence erupted in Benue State on Friday, February 7, 2026, as suspected bandits launched another attack on Anwase village in Kwande Local Government Area, setting multiple homes ablaze and forcing residents to flee.

Eyewitnesses confirmed that at least 11 houses were torched during the midday assault, sending thick smoke into the air and plunging the community into panic.

Midday Attack Sparks Chaos as Residents Flee

According to local sources, the attackers stormed the village around noon, moving swiftly and igniting houses as terrified villagers ran for safety.

“It happened so fast. People were just running as the houses started burning,” a resident recounted. “We thank God that the security men were close by.”

While no deaths were recorded, several residents sustained minor injuries during the chaos.

Security Operatives Force Bandits to Retreat

Security operatives reportedly intervened promptly, engaging the attackers and forcing them to withdraw before further damage could be done.

The bandits were said to have encountered patrol teams that had earlier been deployed to Abande community, another village in the same local government area that suffered a deadly attack earlier in the week.

That previous assault reportedly claimed six lives, including a mobile police officer, raising alarm over the escalating insecurity in the region.

Community Leader Raises Alarm Over Repeated Attacks

A former councillor, Lawrence Akerigbe, described the situation in Anwase as deeply troubling, noting that the community has a long history of violent attacks.

He recalled a Christmas Day 2024 raid in which over 28 people were killed, leaving lasting trauma among residents.

“Families here live in constant fear. This community has seen too much bloodshed,” he said.

Rising Death Toll in Kwande LGA

Authorities have warned that the persistent pattern of attacks across Kwande Local Government Area continues to threaten lives and property. Reports indicate that no fewer than 76 people have been killed in the area over the past two years due to violent raids.

Security agencies have urged residents to remain vigilant as patrols are intensified to curb further attacks.

Related: Karma Strikes Hard? Nigerian Man Contracts HIV After Mother Forced Him to Divorce His Wife — Now Family Begs Her to Stay

TAGGED:Anwasekwande local government
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Previous Article “10 Weddings in One Day!” — Defence Minister Matawalle Marries Off All His Children in Abuja Mega Ceremony “10 Weddings in One Day!” — Defence Minister Matawalle Marries Off All His Children in Abuja Mega Ceremony
Next Article “Benue Under Siege Again” — Bandits Set 11 Homes Ablaze in Kwande, Residents Flee in Panic “Benue Under Siege Again” — Bandits Set 11 Homes Ablaze in Kwande, Residents Flee in Panic
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
Entertainment
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
Entertainment
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
Celeb News Entertainment
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Health

You Might also Like

Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers Vow to Challenge Life Sentence, Call Conviction “Travesty of Justice”
News

Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyers Vow to Challenge Life Sentence, Call Conviction “Travesty of Justice”

3 months ago
BREAKING: Drama in Rivers Assembly as Two Lawmakers Backtrack, Beg Colleagues to Drop Fubara Impeachment Plot
News

BREAKING: Drama in Rivers Assembly as Two Lawmakers Backtrack, Beg Colleagues to Drop Fubara Impeachment Plot

1 month ago
Yahaya Bello Declares Intention to Contest Kogi Central Senate Seat in 2027
News

Yahaya Bello Declares Intention to Contest Kogi Central Senate Seat in 2027

2 months ago
Presidency Denies Report of Femi Gbajabiamila’s Replacement as Chief of Staff
News

Presidency Denies Report of Femi Gbajabiamila’s Replacement as Chief of Staff

2 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?