The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Trump Says US Forces Struck ISIS Targets in Northwestern Nigeria, Warns of Further Action
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Trump Says US Forces Struck ISIS Targets in Northwestern Nigeria, Warns of Further Action

News

Trump Says US Forces Struck ISIS Targets in Northwestern Nigeria, Warns of Further Action

Ogunsola Gbenga
Last updated: 26 December 2025 6:35 am
Ogunsola Gbenga
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

IMG 6764 The NaijaWide News

United States President Donald Trump has said American forces carried out airstrikes against Islamic State (ISIS) terrorists operating in northwestern Nigeria, warning that further military action would follow if attacks on Christians continue.

Trump made the statement on Thursday via his Truth Social platform, where he said the strikes were ordered by him as Commander-in-Chief and executed by the U.S. Department of War.

According to the president, the operation targeted ISIS elements allegedly responsible for attacks on civilians, particularly Christians, in parts of Nigeria.

Trump Confirms US Airstrikes

In his post, Trump wrote that U.S. forces conducted what he described as “powerful and deadly” strikes against ISIS militants in Nigeria.

He added that the operation followed earlier warnings issued to the group, stating that continued violence against Christians would trigger a military response.

“The Department of War executed numerous strikes,” Trump said, adding that the United States would not allow extremist groups to flourish under his leadership.

US Defence Secretary Confirms Cooperation With Nigeria

In a separate post on X (formerly Twitter), U.S. Secretary of Defence Pete Hegseth confirmed the operation and expressed appreciation for cooperation from Nigerian authorities.

Hegseth said the U.S. government had made clear its opposition to attacks on civilians and that the military remained prepared to act against terrorist groups.

AFRICOM Identifies Sokoto State

The United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) also confirmed the strike in a statement posted on X.

According to AFRICOM, the operation was conducted on December 25, 2025, in Sokoto State, in coordination with Nigerian security authorities, and resulted in the killing of multiple ISIS fighters.

“At the direction of the President of the United States and the Secretary of War, and in coordination with Nigerian authorities, U.S. Africa Command conducted strikes against ISIS terrorists in Nigeria,” the statement read.

Context of Rising Insecurity

The development comes amid persistent security challenges in Nigeria, where several armed groups—including Boko Haram and the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP)—have carried out attacks in different regions.

The airstrikes were reported a day after an explosion at a mosque in Maiduguri, Borno State, which killed several people and injured others, in what authorities described as a suspected suicide bombing.

Earlier Warnings From Trump

Last month, Trump warned that the United States could reconsider aid to Nigeria if stronger action was not taken against extremist violence.

In a previous post dated November 1, the U.S. president said he had instructed defence officials to prepare for possible military action against terrorist groups operating in Nigeria.

Broader US Military Operations

Since returning to office in January, Trump has authorised military operations in several regions, including Yemen, Somalia, Iraq, Syria, Iran, and parts of international waters, as part of broader counter-terrorism efforts.

The U.S. government has not disclosed further operational details regarding the Nigeria strike, while Nigerian authorities are yet to issue a formal response.

Related: Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Seeks Criminal Summons Over Alleged Fake Threat Against Defence Minister’s Family

TAGGED:Donald Trump
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
ByOgunsola Gbenga
Follow:
Ogunsola Gbenga, also known by his online alias "WideBaBa," is the Founder and CEO of NaijaWide.com, a Nigerian entertainment and lifestyle website focusing on news, music, fashion, and culture. He studied Mass Communication at The Polytechnic Ibadan and is known for his work in digital media, creating a platform for Nigerian content
Previous Article Bandits, Kidnappers Are Products of Society – Bishop Kukah Says in Christmas Message Bandits, Kidnappers Are Products of Society – Bishop Kukah Says in Christmas Message
Next Article Nigerian Government Confirms US Airstrikes on Terrorist Hideouts in North-West Nigerian Government Confirms US Airstrikes on Terrorist Hideouts in North-West
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
Entertainment
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
Entertainment
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
Celeb News Entertainment
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Health

You Might also Like

“75 Worshippers Slaughtered” — Kwara Governor Confirms Massacre as Tinubu Deploys Army Battalion
News

“75 Worshippers Slaughtered” — Kwara Governor Confirms Massacre as Tinubu Deploys Army Battalion

2 weeks ago
River Park Estate Dispute Continues as Investor Accuses Wike of Bias
News

River Park Estate Dispute Continues as Investor Accuses Wike of Bias

2 months ago
U.S.-Based NGO Issues Security Alert Over Alleged Planned Attacks in Plateau Communities
News

U.S.-Based NGO Issues Security Alert Over Alleged Planned Attacks in Plateau Communities

2 months ago
Isaac Fayose Slams Tinubu’s Ambassadorial List, Questions Reno Omokri and Mahmood Yakubu’s Competence
News

Isaac Fayose Slams Tinubu’s Ambassadorial List, Questions Reno Omokri and Mahmood Yakubu’s Competence

3 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?