The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Wike Says Makinde’s Anger Stems From Missing Ministerial Slot Under Tinubu
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Wike Says Makinde’s Anger Stems From Missing Ministerial Slot Under Tinubu

News

Wike Says Makinde’s Anger Stems From Missing Ministerial Slot Under Tinubu

Ogunsola Gbenga
Last updated: 29 December 2025 2:08 pm
Ogunsola Gbenga
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

FCT Minister Nyesom Wike and Gov Seyi Makinde The NaijaWide News

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has alleged that the root of his ongoing disagreement with Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, is President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s decision not to appoint Makinde as a minister.

Wike made the remarks on Monday while speaking to journalists in Port Harcourt, responding to allegations earlier made against him by Makinde during a media interaction last week.

G-5 Intervention With Tinubu

According to Wike, the issue was discussed within the G-5 group of PDP governors, which included himself and former governors Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Samuel Ortom (Benue), and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu).

He claimed the group collectively met with President Tinubu to address Makinde’s concerns.

“When we agreed on this, Seyi’s problem was that he was not given a ministerial slot. Even when he was talking, you could see the anger in him. We told him to calm down,” Wike said.

He added that President Tinubu acknowledged the issue during the meeting, noting that there were factors he may not have initially considered.

Disagreement Over Public Statements

Wike also recounted a past disagreement involving public comments about support for President Tinubu’s second-term ambition.

He said when Samuel Ortom publicly spoke about supporting Tinubu for a second term, Makinde reacted through the media instead of resolving the matter internally.

“I told him that even if Ortom said that, he shouldn’t have replied in the newspapers. He should have called for a meeting so we could discuss it. By doing that, you are showing division among us,” Wike stated.

Comment on Makinde’s Wealth Remark

The FCT minister further took a swipe at Makinde’s past claim of earning $1 million as a young man, suggesting it continues to influence his reactions to political issues.

“Sometimes, having made that $1 million so early still affects him. He reacts unnecessarily. He forgets that Dangote was not the first person to make $1 million, but he is the richest man in Africa today,” Wike said.

Political Context

The exchange highlights growing tensions among key figures within the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), particularly among former allies involved in the G-5 bloc that played a significant role during the 2023 elections.

As of the time of filing this report, Governor Makinde has not issued a fresh response to Wike’s latest remarks.

Related: Woman Reportedly Rejects Blood Transfusion on Religious Grounds Despite ₦30 Million Donations

TAGGED:Nyesom WikeSeyi Makinde
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
ByOgunsola Gbenga
Follow:
Ogunsola Gbenga, also known by his online alias "WideBaBa," is the Founder and CEO of NaijaWide.com, a Nigerian entertainment and lifestyle website focusing on news, music, fashion, and culture. He studied Mass Communication at The Polytechnic Ibadan and is known for his work in digital media, creating a platform for Nigerian content
Previous Article BREAKING: Anthony Joshua Involved in Road Accident in Ogun State BREAKING: Anthony Joshua Involved in Road Accident in Ogun State
Next Article Wike Berates Makinde for Addressing Him as “Wike,” Calls It Disrespectful Wike Berates Makinde for Addressing Him as “Wike,” Calls It Disrespectful
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
Entertainment
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
Entertainment
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
Celeb News Entertainment
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Health

You Might also Like

77ca2950 a796 4d4e abe0 16d5cfee1203 The NaijaWide News
News

From Lagos Streets to Industrial Powerhouse — Who Is Justus Chijindu Nwachukwu?

2 months ago
Ned Nwoko Breaks Silence, Denies Marrying Regina Daniels at 17 — Says She Was 21 With Voter’s Card Proof
News

Ned Nwoko Breaks Silence, Denies Marrying Regina Daniels at 17 — Says She Was 21 With Voter’s Card Proof

3 months ago
img 3525 The NaijaWide News
News

Tragedy: 56-Year-Old Lawyer, Barrister Temi Odu, Strangled to Death by Husband in Lagos — Family Cries for Justice – tragedy 56-year-old

4 months ago
Court Steps In: Abuja Workers Ordered Back as NIC Halts FCT Strike in Wike-Led Legal Battle
News

Court Steps In: Abuja Workers Ordered Back as NIC Halts FCT Strike in Wike-Led Legal Battle

3 weeks ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?