The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Former Manchester City striker, Mario Balotelli celebrates sacking of former boss Patrick Vieira with savage dig
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Former Manchester City striker, Mario Balotelli celebrates sacking of former boss Patrick Vieira with savage dig

Sports

Former Manchester City striker, Mario Balotelli celebrates sacking of former boss Patrick Vieira with savage dig

Proff32 Proff32
Last updated: 3 November 2025 8:49 pm
Proff32 Proff32
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

103539283 0 image a 6 1762158963662 The NaijaWide News

 

Ex Manchester City striker  Mario Balotelli has celebrated the sacking of his former manager, Patrick Vieira by Genoa.

 

Arsenal legend Vieira left the Italian club, who are bottom of Serie A and still without a win this season, on Saturday, two-and-a-half years after he departed Premier League side Crystal Palace.

 

Before his sacking, Balotelli was signed by Genoa under Vieira, but things quickly went south as their feud from their time at Nice was reignited in Italy.

 

He posted on Instagram after news of Vieira’s sacking: ‘Now Genoa can finally focus on people who truly love the atmosphere, the fans, and the crest, and who deeply believe in the idea and the fact that Genoa deserves to be at the top!

 

‘The great work experienced firsthand by Gilardino and Zangrillo [former manager and president] hasn’t been wasted: it was just exploited selfishly and badly by those who came after, taking advantage of what they had built with hard work, respect, and passion.

 

‘They exploited the immense work of Gilardino and Zangrillo, their commitment and dedication to these colors, without truly understanding its value. 

 

‘Now let’s focus on GENOA and the GENOANS! Go Genoa! GO BOYS! I believed in you, and I still do!’

 

He tagged Vieira in the post, also writing in a separate post: ‘Karma is a b***h,’ and added: ‘God sees and provides.’

Former Manchester City striker, Mario Balotelli celebrates sacking of former boss Patrick Vieira with savage dig

The former Premier League winner did not play for the club after mid-December, suffering a broken hand, before leaving at the end of the season. He is currently a free agent.

 

Vieira and Balotelli had a tense relationship in the past following their time together at Nice, where the former served as manager from 2018 to 2020. 

 

Vieira has previously claimed the former Italy international was difficult to work with due to his way of life and individuality.

 

Speaking about Balotelli to Daily Mail Sport in 2020, he said: ‘Mario’s mindset was difficult for a collective sport. The philosophy I wanted to put in place, the togetherness and work ethic I wanted to build, it was difficult for me to work with a player like Mario.

 

‘It was really difficult for both of us to work together, so we decided to go different ways.’

 

Meanwhile, Balotelli has previously said of Vieira in an interview: ‘I lived in Villefranche, and it was crazy. I was smiling every day, I went to the sea every day. It was a dream life.

 

‘The problem was that the way Vieira played didn’t really suit me. I got along well with him, but on sporting matters, I didn’t agree. If I hadn’t had these problems with him, I would never have left Nice.’

Related: “Over 5,000 Men Want to Marry Me” — Nkechi Blessing Cries Out Over Flood of DMs

TAGGED:Mario Balotelli
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Previous Article Nigerian postgraduate student jailed for r@ping 17-year-old girl in UK Nigerian postgraduate student jailed for r@ping 17-year-old girl in UK
Next Article Wike Backs Trump’s Offer to Support Nigeria with Anti-Terrorism Technology Wike Backs Trump’s Offer to Support Nigeria with Anti-Terrorism Technology
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
DRAMA ERUPTS: Whitemoney Sparks Outrage After Bold Claim About Mercy Eke and Maria Chike
Entertainment
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
SHOCKING CONFESSION: TikToker Mirabel Admits Rape Story Was False, Reveals She Created ‘Rapist’ Account
Entertainment
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
We are working behind the scenes to settle the fight between Davido and Sophia Momodu – Dele Momodu
Celeb News Entertainment
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Ab0rtion does not cause fibroids – Aproko doctor educates women
Health

You Might also Like

Nigerians cry out after South African referees were appointed to officiate Nigeria’s World Cup playoff match
Sports

Nigerians cry out after South African referees were appointed to officiate Nigeria’s World Cup playoff match

4 months ago
Ryan Babel Warns Ajax Ahead of Champions League Clash With Galatasaray and Osimhen
Sports

Ryan Babel Warns Ajax Ahead of Champions League Clash With Galatasaray and Osimhen

4 months ago
“I Will Never” – Odumodublvck’s Tweet About Ghanaian Artists Sparks Massive Online Reactions
EntertainmentSports

“I Will Never” – Odumodublvck’s Tweet About Ghanaian Artists Sparks Massive Online Reactions

1 month ago
2026 WCQ Playoffs: Nigeria to miss 2026 World Cup after losing to DR Congo
Sports

2026 WCQ Playoffs: Nigeria to miss 2026 World Cup after losing to DR Congo

3 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?