The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: JUST IN: Seven Abducted Kwara Road Construction Workers Finally Regain Freedom
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » JUST IN: Seven Abducted Kwara Road Construction Workers Finally Regain Freedom

News

JUST IN: Seven Abducted Kwara Road Construction Workers Finally Regain Freedom

Oluwakemi Mayegun
Last updated: 9 February 2026 5:45 pm
Oluwakemi Mayegun
Share
3 Min Read
SHARE

IMG 9492 The NaijaWide NewsRelief has swept across Kwara State as the seven construction workers abducted from a state government road project have finally regained their freedom after spending weeks in captivity.

The workers were kidnapped on December 15, 2025, while working on the Sabaja–Owa-Onire Road in Isin Local Government Area, an incident that sparked outrage, fear, and emotional distress among residents and families of the victims.

Kwara Govt Confirms Release

Confirming the development in a statement issued on Monday in Ilorin, the Press Secretary of the Ministry of Works, Olajide Abolarin, disclosed that the Commissioner for Works and Transport, Abdulquawy Olododo, announced the workers’ release.

According to the commissioner, their freedom was secured through coordinated efforts between the Kwara State Government and security agencies.

Olododo described the rescue as a major boost to the state’s public safety drive and praised Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq for what he called strong political will in tackling insecurity.

Two Victims Identified as Govt Engineers

The commissioner further revealed that two of the abducted workers are engineers employed by the Kwara State Ministry of Works, noting that the incident highlighted the dangers faced by personnel involved in public infrastructure projects.

“We are grateful to His Excellency and to the security agencies. We also appreciate everyone who stood by us in these trying times,” Olododo said.

Families Earlier Raised Alarm Over ₦500m Ransom Demand

The abduction had earlier drawn national attention after families of the victims accused authorities of slow rescue efforts.

In December 2025, the families’ spokesperson, Dare Boyinbogun, alleged that the kidnappers demanded a ₦500 million ransom for the release of the workers.

He had told journalists that gunmen stormed the construction site at about 11:40am, forcefully abducting the workers and their driver.

“Since that moment, our lives have been suspended between hope and despair. They demanded ₦500 million from us. How are we going to raise that?” he lamented.

Weeks of Fear End in Relief

Boyinbogun stressed that the victims were ordinary workers contributing to the development of Kwara State, adding that their families endured fear, hunger, and emotional trauma throughout the period of captivity.

Following their release, families have expressed relief and gratitude as the long and painful wait finally comes to an end.

Related: Massive AWS Outage Disrupts Snapchat, Roblox, and UK Banks Worldwide

TAGGED:Kwara state construction workers
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Previous Article “Do Not Believe Blogs” — KWAM1’s Daughter Dami Breaks Silence on Asake Dating Rumours “Do Not Believe Blogs” — KWAM1’s Daughter Dami Breaks Silence on Asake Dating Rumours
Next Article BREAKING: Appeal Court Upholds Senate’s Suspension of Senator Natasha Akpoti BREAKING: Appeal Court Upholds Senate’s Suspension of Senator Natasha Akpoti
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
Ogun Police Set to Arrest TikTok User Mirabel Over Alleged False Rape Claim
Ogun Police Set to Arrest TikTok User Mirabel Over Alleged False Rape Claim
Lifestyle & Trends
Terror Threat Sparks Panic in Utono, Kebbi State as Militants Demand N100 Million
Terror Threat Sparks Panic in Utono, Kebbi State as Militants Demand N100 Million
News
Lagos Police Launch 24-Hour Coastal Road Patrol to Curb Crime and Protect Commuters
Lagos Police Launch 24-Hour Coastal Road Patrol to Curb Crime and Protect Commuters
News
Borno Police Disburses Over N20 Million to Families of Fallen Officers
Borno Police Disburses Over N20 Million to Families of Fallen Officers
News

You Might also Like

img 5323 The NaijaWide News
News

Sheikh Ahmad Gumi Says He Will Support Amnesty for Nnamdi Kanu — On One Condition

3 months ago
BREAKING: Drama in Rivers Assembly as Two Lawmakers Backtrack, Beg Colleagues to Drop Fubara Impeachment Plot
News

BREAKING: Drama in Rivers Assembly as Two Lawmakers Backtrack, Beg Colleagues to Drop Fubara Impeachment Plot

1 month ago
Shock and Grief as Fast-Rising Nigerian Singer Ifunanya Nwangene (Nanyah) Reportedly Dies After Snake Bite
News

Shock and Grief as Fast-Rising Nigerian Singer Ifunanya Nwangene (Nanyah) Reportedly Dies After Snake Bite

3 weeks ago
Federal High Court gives Nnamdi Kanu until November 5 to defend charges or forfeit right
News

Federal High Court gives Nnamdi Kanu until November 5 to defend charges or forfeit right

4 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?