The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
Reading: Donald Trump calls ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest ‘a very sad thing’ and ‘so bad for the Royal Family’
Share
Font ResizerAa
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • News
  • Sports
  • Celeb News
  • Lifestyle & Trends
  • Politics
  • Biography
  • Economy & Business News
  • Foreign News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.

Home » Donald Trump calls ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest ‘a very sad thing’ and ‘so bad for the Royal Family’

News

Donald Trump calls ex-Prince Andrew’s arrest ‘a very sad thing’ and ‘so bad for the Royal Family’

Proff32 Proff32
Last updated: 20 February 2026 6:21 pm
Proff32 Proff32
Share
4 Min Read
SHARE

andrew donald trump 110325 3f8bc7d44f4e43fb8d9d9528d454f724 The NaijaWide News

 

US president Donald Trump has said he was ‘very sad’ to see Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The ex-prince was detained on his 66th birthday after British police raided his luxurious estate in Sandringham on Thursday.
Speaking to reporters on Air Force One, Trump said: ‘I think it’s a shame. I think it’s very sad. I think it’s so bad for the Royal Family. It’s very, very sad. To me, it’s a very sad thing.’
The President praised King Charles III as a fantastic person who’s obviously coming to our country very soon.’
Trump also claimed he was ‘totally exonerated’ after the release of files related to Jeffrey Epstein. The president came under renewed pressure today for the US to make similar arrests after British police took action against Andrew.
The British former royal faced renewed scrutiny over his relationship with Epstein after the Justice Department released three million documents related to the financier last month.
A photograph of Andrew lying on the floor with a young woman emerged as part of the DOJ’s Epstein document release.
Andrew was released from custody on Thursday evening after spending nearly the entire day in police custody. He became the first senior royal to be arrested in modern times.
Donald Trump calls ex-Prince Andrew
Charles and his heir, Prince William, are expected to visit the US in late April as the royal family faces their most troubling scandal since the death of Princess Diana.
In a statement released minutes after Andrew’s departure, British police authorities said ‘a man in his sixties’ has been released but is under investigation.
A spokesman for Thames Valley Police noted that authorities had finished conducting a search in Norfolk near Andrew’s new residence, Wood Farm.
The former Duke of York was reportedly arrested over allegations he passed sensitive information to Epstein while acting as a trade envoy for the British government.
The King was not given any prior warning of Andrew’s arrest, it emerged today, although the Daily Mail revealed Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood’s team was informed by a senior officer early this morning.
The monarch said in an unprecedented statement that ‘the law must take its course’ after expressing his ‘deepest concern’ after his younger brother was held on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Charles said: ‘I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.
‘What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.
‘Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.
‘As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all’.
‘What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.
‘Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.
‘As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all’.

Related: Viral cleaner lady on Twitter graduates top of her class at University of Ilorin

TAGGED:Donald Trump
Share This Article
Facebook Copy Link Print
Previous Article Lady sparks reactions after saying she wants to start ‘holy spirit–inspired’ s.3. t,0,y brand for christian women Lady sparks reactions after saying she wants to start ‘holy spirit–inspired’ s.3. t,0,y brand for christian women
Next Article VeryDarkMan Speaks Out on Mirabel Saga: “She Can’t Be Arrested for False Accusation” VeryDarkMan Speaks Out on Mirabel Saga: “She Can’t Be Arrested for False Accusation”
Leave a Comment Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
Gunmen Kill Ondo Monarch After Failed Kidnap Attempt
Gunmen Kill Ondo Monarch After Failed Kidnap Attempt
News
Bandits Kill at Least 30 in Fresh Zamfara Attack
Bandits Kill at Least 30 in Fresh Zamfara Attack
News
Lagos Begins 5% Withholding Tax on Gaming Winnings
Lagos Begins 5% Withholding Tax on Gaming Winnings
News
Court Slams Police With ₦30m Fine Over Illegal “Wanted” Tag on Sowore
Court Slams Police With ₦30m Fine Over Illegal “Wanted” Tag on Sowore
News

You Might also Like

Trump sets 15-Day deadline for Iran to strike Nuclear deal or face strikes
News

Trump sets 15-Day deadline for Iran to strike Nuclear deal or face strikes

7 hours ago
“Pause It Now” – Peter Obi Warns FG New Tax Laws Could Deepen Nigerians’ Hardship
News

“Pause It Now” – Peter Obi Warns FG New Tax Laws Could Deepen Nigerians’ Hardship

1 month ago
“They Start Acting Like Gods” — Shehu Sani Sends Blunt Warning to Nigerian Leaders Over Abuse of Power
News

“They Start Acting Like Gods” — Shehu Sani Sends Blunt Warning to Nigerian Leaders Over Abuse of Power

1 week ago
Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara Defects From PDP to APC
News

Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara Defects From PDP to APC

2 months ago
The NaijaWide NewsThe NaijaWide News
Follow US
© 2026 The NaijaWide News. All Rights Reserved.
  • Home Page
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact Us
  • About Us
  • Terms of Service
  • Copyright & Takedown Policy (DMCA)
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?